What makes this dish different from regular rice is it’s cooked with fine noodles found in most grocery stores. Yummy enough to eat alone, it is also a necessary recipe to know for making other Lebanese dishes that go with rice.
1/2 cup rice (Eva uses white, though you can use brown!)
1/4 cup fine noodles
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of butter (OR another teaspoon of olive oil if you don’t want butter)
1 & 1/4 cup of water
1/2 tablespoon salt
About 4 Servings
1. On medium heat, pour oil and butter in pot & melt the butter
2. Once butter is melted, add noodles and stir continuously until golden brown (be sure to have your water ready and your rice rinsed and ready because noodles will cook quickly)
3. Once noodles are cooked to a golden brown color, add rice and salt and mix well
4. After you mix, add water and bring to boil
5. Once it’s boiled, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
6. After the 10 minutes, stir one last time and cover until the water has evaporated.
Source: Eva’s Lebanese Cooking