Attention feta cheese lovers! This dish is similar to pizza only it’s cooked with feta. Feta cheese manoush is typically eaten for breakfast or lunch. There are only three ingredients and the preparation is easy! Enjoy!
*Manoush in Lebanon was baked as an individual size pie in a wood burning brick oven. This recipe makes a whole pan, which adds up to about 8 slices cut up.
1 & 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons of olive oil
dough (10 or 12 ounces depending on how thick you want)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Mix feta cheese and olive oil together in a bowl
3. Butter the bottom of your pan
4. Spread out dough on baking sheet as evenly as possible and press fingers into dough to avoid bubbles when baking
5. Spread feta mixture onto dough covering as much dough as possible
6. Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of your oven for 15 minutes, and then on the top rack for up to 5 minutes (you want the dough to be golden brown)
*You can cook the dough for more time or less depending on how crispy you prefer your manoush to be, you may also have to turn your pan around a few times or adjust the time depending on your oven. While your manoush is on the bottom rack, you can check the bottom by lifting up the dough with a knife to see how golden brown it is before moving it to the top rack. *it’s placed on the top rack to brown the top of your manoush
Source: Eva’s Lebanese Cooking