1H 30 MIN | 5-7 SERVINGS
500g LURPAK Butter Blocks
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Flour
½ Cup Rose water
1 Tsp Mahlab Ground
2 Tbsp. Yeast
¼ Cup Warm water
1 Cup Water
2 Cups Toast bread Shredded and crust removed
½ Cup Sugar
2 Cups Whipping cream
½ Cup Rosewater
¼ Cup Pistachio Ground
1. In a large bowl, mix the semolina with sugar, flour, rose water and mahlab.
2. Add LURPAK Butter Blocks and start mixing using your hands until you get a homogeneous dough. Cover it and let it rest for 6 hours.
3. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add the mixture to the dough.
4. Add 1 cup of water gradually while kneading until you get a soft elastic dough. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
6. Put the shredded bread in a pot with the sugar, whipping cream and rosewater. Cook stirring continuously on high heat until boiling. Reduce the heat and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
7. Roll small dough pieces. Press and pat each piece to make a filling space.
8. Fill with 1-2 tablespoons of the qashta mixture.
9. Close the dough to enclose the filling. Roll it and then press it inside the wooden ma’amoul mold. Flip it over and hit the edge with the work counter to get the ma’amoul piece out.
10. Place the ma’amoul pieces on a paper-lined tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
11. Garnish with qashta and ground pistachio. Serve.