These lamb wraps are anything but your average late-night kebab. Quick, healthy, and so very tasty.
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp each ground cumin, ground coriander seeds and sumac
2 tsp crushed black peppercorns
1kg boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2cm pieces
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 eggplant, cut into 1cm rounds
2 tbs tahini
2 tsp ground turmeric
Juice of 3 lemons
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, finely chopped
1 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 spring onion, finely chopped
Garlic dip (we used Pilpel) or toum, Lebanese wholemeal flatbreads and pickled chillies, to serve
ADD TO LIST
View list Powered by Whisk
1. Place garam masala, cumin, coriander, sumac, pepper and 2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add the lamb and toss to coat.
2. Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook, tossing the pan occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high. Drizzle remaining 2 tbs oil over eggplant and cook, turning, for 12 minutes or until softened and charred.
4. Combine the tahini, turmeric and two-thirds lemon juice in a bowl. Season.
5. Combine herbs, tomato, spring onion and remaining lemon juice in a bowl.
6. Spread garlic dip over flatbreads and top with eggplant, lamb, herb mixture and chillies. Drizzle with tahini mixture to serve.